Take the journey on the Trans-Siberian railway through the whole of Russia – from Moscow to Vladivostok.
1. The number of the Trans-Siberian express train is 001.
2. The name of the train that goes across the whole country is “Russia”.
3. The train “Russia” is considered the main train in the country.
4. The length of the whole route is 9,259 km.
5. The train “Russia” is the world’s longest railway passenger route.
6. The train crosses two continents – Europe and Asia.
7. The train passes through 14 provinces, 3 territories, 1 autonomous region and 1 autonomous district.
8. The deluxe train crosses 8 time zones.
9. On the way the train passes by 90 Russian cities.
10. The train passes through the large cities of Russia: Vladimir, Nizhny Novgorod, Kirov, Perm, Ekaterinburg, Tyumen, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Ulan-Ude, Chita, Belogorsk, and Khabarovsk.
11. Trans-Siberian train makes 63 stops.
12. Trans-Siberian train takes 6 days to reach its final stop.
13. On its way, the train “Russia” crosses 16 major rivers. Among them there is the largest river in Europe – the Volga, and Asian rivers that are in the top 10 world’s largest rivers: Ob with its tributary Irtysh, Yenisei.
14. The train “Russia” for over 207 km runs along the deepest lake in the world – Lake Baikal, which contains one fifth of the fresh water supply of the planet.
15. Train No. 001 departs from the Yaroslavl station in Moscow.
16. The train departs from Moscow on odd days.
17. The train departs from Vladivostok on even days.
18. The numbering of cars in Moscow starts from the head of the train, and in Vladivostok – from the tail of the train.
19. The train “Russia” has been running between Moscow and Vladivostok for nearly 50 years now (since 1966).
20. The first train from Moscow to Vladivostok departed in 1903.
21. The doors in compartments on the train “Russia” are equipped with electronic locks.
22. There is a shower on the train, but in a separate car.
23. The train has a compartment for passengers with disabilities.
24. The train has a compartment for children with toys and children’s books.
25. You can take a virtual tour of the route here: link