More than just an actress.
- Chulpan Hamatova comes from a family of engineers.
- “Chulpan” literally means “Morning star.”
- As a child Chulpan practiced figure skating and studied in math class.
- The actress became famous after starring in the film by Valeri Todorovski “Land of the Deaf” (1998).
- Some movies in which she starred received really high audience ratings: “Time of the Dancer” (1997), “Tuvalu” (1999) directed by Veit Helmer, “Lunar dad” (1999), “Good Bye, Lenin!” (2003) directed by Wolfgang Becker about how the fall of the Berlin Wall affected people, “Children of the Arbat” (2004) based on a novel by Anatoly Rybakov, “Doctor Zhivago” (2005)based on the novel by Boris Pasternak, “Bogie” (2008).
- The actress stars in the performances of the Moscow Theater “Sovremennik” and the Theatre of Nations. Plays: “Three Comrades” by E.M. Remarque, “Three Sisters” by A.P. Chekhov, “The Storm” by A.N. Ostrovsky, “Stories by Shukshin” by V.Shukshin, “Poor Liza” by N. Karamzin, “Miss Julie” by Y.A. Strindberg, “The Taming of the Shrew” by W. Shakespeare, and others.
- In 2005, by the initiative of the doctor of the Federal Center of Pediatric Hematology (Russia) Galina Novichkova, Chulpan Hamatova organized a charity event. The money collected at the event was enough to buy an expensive machine, which was so needed by the Center of Pediatric Hematology.
- In 2006, the actresses Dina Korzun and Chulpan Hamatova established a charitable foundation to help children with oncohaematological and other serious diseases “Give Life”. Over the years, the Foundation has saved countless lives and helped dealing with serious illnesses to thousands of children. This is one of the few examples of successful work of children foundations, despite the fact that the organizers of the Foundation are not wealthy people. More about the activities of the Foundation – here (link) in English.
- For several years now, the charity foundation “Give Life” has been organizing the World children’s games. This is a sports competition for children who have had cancer. In 2014, the participants of the Games were welcomed by the capital of Russia – Moscow. The number of participants – 450. The number of participating countries – 14. You can find the information about the Games on the official website of the foundation.
- At the Olympic Games in Sochi (2014) Chulpan Hamatova carried the flag during the opening ceremony.
- The actress was married twice officially, and once had a civil marriage; from her first marriage she has a daughter Arina (2002), and from the second marriage – a daughter Asya (2003), and from the – Anastasia (2010).