- Maria Sharapova – No. 1 player in the world (2005 and 2012). Today Russian tennis player is No. 4 in the world (2014).
- The famous Russian tennis player won her first Grand Slam title at Wimbledon in 2004. In 2006, she won her second Grand Slam tournament – US Open. In 2008 – a victory at the Australian Open. In 2012 and 2014 – victories at Roland Garros in France.
- Sharapova won the silver medal at the Olympics in London (2012).
- The Russian tennis player makes a characteristic shout when she hits the ball.
- Maximum power of Maria’s shouts on the court – 105 decibels.
- Maria believes that shouting helps her concentrate.
- Maria’s rivals feel suppressed by her shouting; they believe that it should be banned.
- Father of Maria Sharapova attends all games of his daughter and behaves very noisily, which also irritates the opponents of the Russian tennis player.
- Maria Sharapova has an amazing will to win.
- Maria Sharapova was the flag bearer of the Russian team at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in London (2012).
- Mary was born in Siberia, in the city of Nyagan.
- Maria’s parents moved to the city of Sochi (Krasnodar region of Russia)two years after the birth of their daughter.
- The famous Russian tennis player Yevgeny Kafelnikov gave Maria her first racket.
- When she was 6 years old, Maria Sharapova was lucky to play with the famous tennis player Martina Navratilova, when she visited Moscow. Navratilova noticed a talented child and advised the girl’s father to enroll Maria in a tennis academy in Florida (USA).
- Maria Sharapova actively advertises a variety of brands.
- The height of the Russian tennis player is 188 cm. Weight: 59 kg.
- The famous Russian tennis player is one of the highest paid athletes in the world. For example, in 2012, she earned around 30 million USD.
- Sharapova repeatedly was named the highest paid female athlete in the world (including her advertising contracts)
- The Russian tennis player is involved with the projects dealing with the consequences of the 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.
- Since 2007 Maria Sharapova is a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN Development Program.
- At the time of her appointment as a Goodwill Ambassador, Maria handed to the UN a check for 100 thousand dollars to be spent on 8 projects to eliminate damage of the Chernobyl radiation disaster.
- Maria Sharapova established the Foundation for young people living in Chernobyl-affected areas. Among the activities of the Foundation is giving higher education scholarships for talented youth.
- Maria Sharapova is developing her confectionary brand – candy under the brand name Sugarpova.
- Since 2013, under the brand Sugarpova, Maria is also developing a line of fashion accessories.
- Sharapova was included on the list of 100 most influential celebrities by Forbes magazine.
To discover Russia with Alexey Gureev